This course provides the core ideas that make up SHI’s unique approach to macrobiotic practice and cooking. It clarifies what is so special about our approach, providing a modern platform for macrobiotic people. This course is the foundation of the full SHI Advanced Macrobiotic program.
*Module 1: This module provides a philosophical framework for health-balanced macrobiotics practice. It touches on specific topics that make SHI’s approach so unique, such as “food creates taste for food” and balance and imbalance. This module is also the beginning of cooking and menu planning studies.
*Module 2: This module is the introduction to the five transformations. It also explains how food connects us to life, the progressive development of illness, and our energetic body by exploring meridians, chakras, etc. This module includes cooking classes and classes on do-in.
***Click individual lessons below (in green) to get started.
- Health, Nature & Happiness
- Do-In Practice
- The Unifying Principle Part1
- Hypoglycemia & Stress
- Cooking Class 1
- Yin & Yang Part 1
- Menu Planning
- Food Creates a Taste for Food
- Daily Self Diagnosis
- Order of Healing
- Cooking Class 2
- Balance and Imbalance (Natural Tendencies)
- Principles & Types of Diagnosis
- Cravings, Discharges & Adjustments
- Do-In Part 2
- The Unifying Principle & Yin Yang Part 2
- Self Reflection & Self Responsibility
- Module 1 Review