The health and condition of each organ and organ system appears on the face. For that reason, learning how to evaluate and recognize facial symptoms, can help you become aware of underlying health issues. And with facial diagnosis and macrobiotic principles, you can rebuild health by adapting diet and lifestyle to address potential weaknesses. Remember, health is not a fixed state. So facial diagnosis is highly valuable tool for creating long-term health.
Why Learn Facial Diagnosis?
Organ and/or organ system problems appear first on the face before any physical symptoms. Thus facial diagnosis can alert you about a health problem quicker than a medical diagnosis. Often people go to the doctor when a health issue is already critical. But with the knowledge of facial diagnosis and macrobiotics diet and lifestyle, you will be able to recognize a health concern, adjust diet and lifestyle to create balance, improve the condition of the organ and/or organ system, and restore health.
Specific organs and/or organ system are associated with a part of the face. Here is a facial diagnosis chart.
Common Facial Symptoms
The key to facial diagnosis principles is understanding specific symptoms and what they mean. Here are common symptoms:
- If skin tone appears yellowish or brown, there is a need for light and refreshing foods in the diet and may indicate a liver problem.
- If skin tone appears pale, it indicates an anemic condition.
- If skin tone appears red, it indicates too many dairy foods and sweets in the diet.
- If skin tone appears overall a rich color, it indicates a heart issue.
- If lines appear on the forehead, it indicates problems and stress with the nervous system.
- If temples appear tight and refined or puffy and/or discolored, it indicates problems with spleen and lymph system.
- If one or two vertical lines appear, it indicates issues with the liver and detoxification.
- If under the eye appears dark, it indicates kidneys are exhausted and under stress.
- If under the eye appear puffy, it indicates too many fluids and sweets or oily and fatty foods in the diet.
- If the nose appears red, it indicates problems with blood pressure and circulatory.
- If the mouth and lips appear tight, it indicates the digestive system is tight from too much salt, overcooked or animal foods.
- If the mouth and lips appear loose and swollen, it indicates the digestive system is weak from too many sweets, soft dairy, and oily foods.
What is Meridian Diagnosis?
The face is not the only part of the body that can give a deeper understanding of our health. Examining the hands and feet can give additional information. With the hands, it is looking over the overall shape, lines, and areas of the hands, fingers, and nails to understand the health of the heart, lungs, and intestines. While for the feet, it is inspecting whether the toes are well formed or misshapen and if areas appear swollen, dark, or withered to learn about health condition of the central organs. This includes the liver, gallbladder, kidneys, bladder, stomach, spleen, and pancreas.
Meridian diagnosis is useful, however, facial diagnosis is the primary way for understanding your health. Want to learn facial diagnosis and macrobiotics? At SHI Macrobiotics, we teach facial diagnosis in our Advanced Course, On-Site Residential Events, and Principle of Diagnosis Module. Learn how to understand your body and create lasting health. Check out all of our macrobiotic courses!
Want to talk one-on-one with a macrobiotic counselor? Than set up an appointment with Denny Waxman, macrobiotic counselor and co-founder of SHI Macrobiotics, for a one-on-one session. Denny uses facial diagnosis to personalize recommendations to address your needs and health concerns . During a counseling session, you will receive dietary and lifestyle guidance on how to improve your health.