- Slice the red onion a little less than a quarter inch and place in a bowl. Add 1⁄16 teaspoon of sea salt and 2 or 3 drops of umeboshi vinegar. Very gently rub the salt and vinegar into the onion until you see the color deepen. Set aside until you are ready to assemble your salad.
- Next make tofu cheese: rinse the tofu, then place in a bowl. Use one hand to begin crumbling the tofu while also pouring the umeboshi vinegar into the bowl with the other hand. The texture should remain firm.
- Place arugula in a bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil and a tiny pinch of sea salt, then toss to blend.
Tip: Heavy salad dressings and overdressing will lose the freshness of the salad. We recommend using a high quality olive oil from www.oliveoillovers.com for your macrobiotic salad dressing.
- Next slice the green apple and add to bowl with arugula.
- Now add the tofu cheese, red onion, and lemon, and toss to blend in the bowl with arugula.
- Place in a serving dish.
- Add some walnuts for extra protein
Enjoy your amazing macrobiotic salad dressing and arugula salad! To learn more about meal planning and macrobiotic cooking, learn about our macrobiotic courses.