Who Should Attend?
- Are you vegan, vegetarian, or pescatarian?
- Are you new to macrobiotics, or a long-time veteran?
- Are you interested in transitioning to a plant-based, whole-foods diet?
- Or, are you simply looking to feel better, naturally, through diet and lifestyle?
If you answered “yes” to either question, this is the conference for you!
- 2 days of macrobiotic education
- Classes with experts in macrobiotics and nutrition
- Q&A sessions during events
- 4 macrobiotic cooking classes
- 4+ engaging lectures
- Class handouts and recipes
- Conference recordings available after event
Susan Waxman – Macrobiotic Counselor, Cooking Instructor & Chef
Susan Waxman has dedicated her life to understanding the energetic nature of foods, cooking styles, and creating dynamic, healthful meal plans. This has allowed her to merge teaching and macrobiotic cooking that provides healthy, tasteful options for many clients looking to improve their health and perspective on life. Her expertise with ingredient selection, kitchen and pantry design, menu planning, and meal preparation are the foundation of her unique international macrobiotic cuisine.
Amy Gordon – Certified Senior Yoga Instructor & Reiki Master
Amy Gordon has been teaching yoga professionally and practicing personally most of her life to enhance her healthy macrobiotic lifestyle. She has led workshops in yoga, pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation and the running of reiki energy both nationally and internationally. Amy has studied with many masters… including Doug and David Swenson, David Williams, Nancy Gilgoth as well pattabhi jois, manju jois, saraswathi jois and sharath jois in Mysore, India. Amy is passionate about sharing the benefits she’s discovered through these complimentary practices.
Georgina Mayer – Natural Foods & Macrobiotic Chef
Laura Castoldi – Counselor and Chef
Hallo, my name is Laura, I am 50 years old, I have two children, Benedetta (18) and Giovanni (15) and I am a former professional translator and English teacher for kids.
Martin Halsey is American living in Italy and is a husband and father of three girls. After receiving his degree in biology and studies of nutrition he became interested in holistic healing and macrobiotics. He has been involved in numerous macrobiotic projects throughout the world and was closely associated with Michio Kushi. Martin is the founder and principle teacher of The Milan School of Natural Cooking and Healing, founded in 1996. In 2012 the school received recognition as a training body for Natural Cooking and Food Therapy from the Lombardy Region and since 2015 it has been recognized nationally for the inclusion of its members in the professional registers of Holistic Therapists and Holistic Chef.
Martin has over 40 years of experience in the field of macrobiotic healing and is one of the world’s leading experts. Every year he sees hundreds of people in consultation and often manages to solve problems for which traditional medicine has no answer. He is the author of 20 books, numerous video training programs and has created countless courses, lectures and workshops. To learn more about the school and its international activities, visit www.lasanagola.com.
Friday, October 20, 2023
- 7-8:30 pm – Welcome & Introductions + Tribute to Denny Waxman* – SHI, Susan Waxman & Participants
*This portion of the conference is free for anyone who would like to attend.
Saturday, October 21, 2023
- 9-9:45 am – Morning Exercise TBD – Amy Gordon
- 10-10:55 am – Lecture TBD – Martin Halsey
- 11 am-12:30 pm – Cooking Class TBD – Susan Waxman
- 12:30-1:30 pm Break
- 1:30-3 pm – Cooking Class TBD – Georgina Mayer
- 3:05-4pm – Lecture TBD – Patrick Riley
- 4:05-5 pm – Lecture TBD – Tom Monte
Sunday, October 22, 2023
- 9-9:25 am –Awakening the Meridian Senses – Susan Waxman
- 9:30-11 am – Cooking Class TBD – Laura Castoldi
- 11:05 am-12:35 pm – Cooking Class TBD – Faina Markov
- 12:35-1:35 pm – Break
- 1:35-3:05 pm – Menu Planning Class – Susan Waxman
- 3:10-4:05 pm – Lecture – Nathan Walz
- 4:10-5 pm – Panel & Close
Day 1 & 2 Details
Day 3 Details
Registration & Pricing
Full Registration: $100 (Days 1-3)
Day Pass #1: $50 (Day 2 ONLY) + Day 1 Welcome & Intro.
Day Pass #2: $50 (Day 3 ONLY) + Day 1 Welcome & Intro.
BONUS Full Registration*: $150 (Days 1-3)
* BONUS full registrations will include additional FREE classes that will be announced during the conference
Discounts are also available for college students, seniors, medical professionals, teachers, and the military.
Full Registration: $50 (Days 1-3)
*Please note that Day 1 is NOT a full day of presentations
What Is Macrobiotics?
Macrobiotics, noun, (used with a singular verb) – a system of holistic principles and dynamic practices that guides choices in nutrition and lifestyle for physical, emotional, mental, social, and environmental health
– Macrobiotic, adj., such as macrobiotic philosophy or macrobiotic diet.
Learn from the world’s leading macrobiotic educators as we provide the latest information, nutritional insights, recipes, menus, and demonstrations, dispel myths and answer questions.
With more than dozen classes spread over two days, the conference includes presentations that are relevant whether you are new to macrobiotics or a longtime practitioner.
How to Use Zoom
- A smartphone, desktop, laptop, or tablet is preferred for participation.
- A video camera, either built in to your device or a separate webcam – you can still listen to the webinar without one.
- A microphone, either built in to your device or in the webcam – you can still use the Zoom chat to ask questions.
- An internet connection that supports audio and video meetings.
- Installation of Zoom on your device for video – desktops and non-Chromebook laptops do not require installation.